Friday, November 13, 2009

Getting ready for Thanksgiving...




Time sure does fly! I've been stuck at home sick and can tell I really need to go back to bed... but before the cold medicine really kicks in & makes my eyes even fuzzier, just had to make & post a T-day theme card. I added this to a limited supplies challenge on SCS. I bought the little turkey die on sale & know there is only a "limited" time I can really use it. I frayed his feathers with my scissors & glued the tiniest piece of read paper for his 'beard' (or whatever that is called). Not sure how well it shows up in photos. I used the Holiday Best stamp for the sentiment & my cranberry crisp ribbon I got from the SU Clearance Rack. Nothing says Thanksgiving than using stuff you got on SALE eh! :) Hope all is well with you!

Here's another card using my soon to be absolute favorite set, "Lovely as a Tree"... If you can see, I sponged the sky with bashful blue using a scallop edge oval punch cut of some scrap paper for mask to create clouds. I borrowed the idea from another SCS user, so cannot take credit, but think it does make nice looking clouds... The sentiment stamp I used is from "Sense of Time" stamp set, another favorite.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. The clouds do look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrific masculine card...which are much harder for me :-)!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!