Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ready for Valentines Day!

Enjoyed making Valentine's this year. Helped that I planned ahead and I participated in a card swap in January that made it imperative to make a bunch at once. Of course there are always those few last minute cards...so if you're still needing some ideas for this year, these little folding cards are perfect to stash a gift card or secret love note.


I took a 8.5x5.5in piece of white card stock & scored & folded at 2.25 X 6 (approximately). Secured the inside flap to base just at the edges for a slot for a gift card or note. After decorating, adhered velcro for a resealable closure. Velcro makes a great fastener for cards like these (found thin velcro dots in the sewing section at my local big-box store).

Simple, eh? Whisper white & melon mambo for colors, and used the new SU! Pinking Hearts border punch & Scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit die, with just a bit of white organza ribbon or some dsp for a decorative stripe. Couldn't have been easier.


Super simple with 2 colors & style is easy to change to suit any occasion.


Embosslits are great, by the way. The little folder makes it easy to cut embossed shapes with NO marring of the cutting plate for my diecut tool (I use a Cuttlebug). Hope you will be feelin' some love this Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!