Friday, April 30, 2010

Simply Thanks (for stopping by my blog)




Name that shape! SU! fans take a look... Can you tell what I used to make the shape framing the Simply Thanks sentiment? Need a hint? It is from an SU exclusive die...

Before the answer, let me point out that I used 2 new colors, Marina Mist & Daffodil Delight, for the butterflies & background layers. We don't have ink in these colors yet, so I used bashful blue & so saffron ink for the tiny flowers on the sentiment background (the tiny flowers are from the Itty Bitty Bits set from the Summer Occasions Mini catalog).

I am anxious to see the rest of the coordinating products later this summer for these colors. These 2 colors are what I call a "back to basics" yellow & blue that should go well with lots of things. Now, for the answer....

Answer for the shape I used for my frame is from what is left when you use the Lattice die! I cut many of these lattice shapes in black to adhere to some of my favorite color 12x12 cardstock that are in scrapbook page frames to create some decor for my craft room & before throwing the remaining paper away, I realized it left a nice shape that I could re-use. I don't have these frames on the wall yet, but here's a picture of what one looks like.




Reduce, Re-use, Re-cycle! Papercrafters are great recyclers! Hope you have fun with your new colors & find new ways to use things before they hit the recycle bin! TGIF! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!