Monday, May 3, 2010

Crinkle flower for Mother's Day



I've seen so many great three dimensional flowers made from different SU! punch shapes that I just had to try this. Mine still looks like a work in progress, but I'm getting there...

The flower added to this alterable tin (covered with some Presto Patterns Specialty paper sponged with Bashful Blue ink and then layered on some Bashful Blue cardstock) is layered scallop circles crinkled after lightly misting with water. You cannot tell from the digital pic, but it is also spritzed with glitter spray. I added a little blue center flower from the boho blossoms punch, and blue leaves are from the large bird punch. It helps to sponge edges a bit to add dimension, but I tend to end up sponging more of my fingers than the paper when I do that! I guess that is a good reason for me to be an Operation Inky Paws member, eh?

I didn't have a plan yet for a gift for my mom, so think this alterable tin with a nice gift card & some crafty doo-dads will do nicely. I also found it perfect to add to the Pals Paper Arts challenge this week, PPA 40 for Monochromatic Blues.

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty project and terrific flower! It hink you got there! :) Thanks for playing at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and pretty. Great job on the flower. I love the 2 tone coloring and I am sure the glimmer mist finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!