Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cute as a Bug...?



"Cute as a bug." Not so sure about this phrase now that I think about some of the creepy crawlies trying to infest my home lately that I've had to squish! I'm sure I've used the phrase before,but when I stamped the phrase for this card, it made me wonder if my new mom-friend would think of her child this way or not!? Well, maybe not, but this little bug is cute as a...???

I've seen some beautiful sewing on cards, so had to try it myself. Here's my lame sewing attempt... I don't own a sewing machine & pretty sure my worst grade in school was probably from 7th grade Home Ec sewing class, so I was proud of trying this at least. I paper pierced holes best I could then stitched 'em up with some embroidery floss. Since I am aware of my own limitations, I kept the sewing to just the 2 corners. I really like the cardstock buttons my sis made me from her Sizzlets die (I've hoarded them for almost a year it seems) so they were perfect for the other 2 corners to go with the sewing 'theme'.

The stamps are from SU! Love Bug set (a hostess set). I double stamped the bug buggy as it just seemed to need 4 blueberry wheels to be really practical (silly, I know)! I paper pieced the second buggy & curled the leaf a bit. I added some crystal effects & a little glitter for some sparkle.

So rainy here lately, I expect I'll be crafting some more this weekend. Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I lOVE it! Just sewing on the corners is so cool...been wanting to try that myself! The fact that you did it all by hand is fabulous :-)!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!