Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day this Weekend!



Seems I may never grow up... At least I felt like a kid again while I made my dad something for Father's Day. I guess one of the best things about crafting is being able to make custom items for those unique people in your life that a store-bought card really doesn't address. Long have I been disappointed with the endless golfing, fishing, and other sports themed father's day items for sale each year. None of those match my dad's personality. He likes to wear ties. He's an artist. He's an Egyptologist. Nothing in a store works well for him. So, here's my little collage I made this year. I liked it so much I put it in a little acrylic frame then tied a ribbon around it. Hope he likes it. Love ya, dad!



For specifics...I printed words from the computer on regular white cardstock or vellum, used retired "Maine Blueberry" DSP for many of the paper accents, night of navy, bashful blue, certainly celery & old olive cardstock & ink, square & scallop square punches for uniform sizing, and various stamps.

MORE information per request from my new followers: The size of this is 5 x 7. This was the size of the acrylic box frame & just happened to be JUST right for the 12 squares to fit very nicely.

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your dad!
    I agree, the typical cards for dad with the golfing, fishing and mowing the lawn (who likes mowing the lawn??)is so passe. Really cool idea and I will try to see if I can adapt it for my dad :)

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous. I already made a card for my dad but now I want to do this one for him. Thanks? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely ADORE this idea. So personal, so perfect! How big does it measure?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love it! TYFS!

    chanda stehlik
    www.bellevuestampingclub.com

    p.s. following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely wonderful idea for your dad. I'm sure he LOVED it! I just signed up to follow your blog. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Great gift! I'm sure your dad loved it.

    New follower-
    http://www.stampwab.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The size of this is 5x7 - just works great for the 12 squares! Thank you new SU friends & followers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well if your dad didn't love it, I sure do.
    Awesome gift. I also love your owl card.

    check out my blog:
    www.papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a special Father's Day gift! I love the colors and the personalization. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS!!!!!

    Susan
    www.sendingsmilesacrossthemiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea. I will probably case it for another use as mydad has passed on. TFS from a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just AMAZING!!! I love it. Uh it looks like it took so much time...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blog, following you now. You can find me at www.littleinkontheprairie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!