Monday, June 7, 2010

Welcome, summer time!



Memorial weekend and the week following had a classic summer feel to the air around here, even if summer doesn't officially start until later this month. Above is a photo of my husband hand-cranking some home made ice cream as our dog patiently hung out on the deck with us. We may hate humidity around here, and how it curls our hair, but you cannot pass up a good opportunity to make some of the best summer time treats!

For the lactose intolerant, we always have some popsicles around, too! :)



I CASE'd the popsicle card idea from a poster at SCS (sorry, don't remember who), but added some extra detail by dry embossing the middle of the popsicles with my stylus around a REAL popsicle stick. And I added a bit of sparkle to add a frosty touch.

The colors are the same as those that come in our brand of popsicles around here, but happen to be new SU in-colors, too, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade & Concord Crush. I set this on a card base of Tempting Turquoise - it just seems like a "cool" color & I just happen to have plenty around. Stay Cool, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!