Friday, July 9, 2010

Another collage...


This time, the collage I made is for my brother.  He has a milestone birthday this year.  Not sure how he feels about it, but I didn't want to pass up the occasion & wanted to let him know how I admire him so I decided to make him something personal.  This time I made an 8x10 page (framed in an acrylic standing frame) with each square measured at 2 1/4" and layered with shades of chocolate brown (his favorite food!) - chocolate chip & close to cocoa for background- and so saffron, ruby red, mellow moss & always artichoke for other highlighted colors.  I am happy with my investment in the Serif Essentials Bigz dies. Really like the font with these, so the B & N letters (his initials) turned out very nice.  I used clip art & computer words for most, although I did use some stamps on the newshound, hobbyist, WWII & creative genius squares. My bro's nickname is his first initial "B" so that is why some Quickutz bees decorate a couple of the squares.  Hope it's not too cheesy for him... but after all, I am his little sister!  Have a great weekend, and Happy Birthday, brother!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Katherine! I just started following.
    www.stampinsentiments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!