Thursday, July 8, 2010

SSI Challenge #1 - Inkspiration 4 U

My fellow Operation Inky Paws member, Madeline Marcelo, is a very talented artist & stamper, and has tons of inspiring creations.  She has an "inkspiration" challenge to her followers with the above photo.  This photo is really modern & different from anything I'd seen so I had to participate.  I have no clue what the sticks are that are shown on the floor... anyone have a guess? 

Anyway, here is a card I made inspired by the look of the modern sofa set. 



I wouldn't have placed the colors together on my own, especially with the pink, but for some reason,  it's an attractive combo in an unexpected way.  This didn't turn out quite as I was hoping. The color shades I chose are toned down so I feel I missed the pop the photo has.  The twill made me think of sofa fabric, so that just seemed the right embellishment.  Since I was so fascinated by those "sticks" I threw a few toothpicks by the card when I snapped this photo!  hee hee hee....
Anyway colors I used: naturals ivory background, bravo burgundy, so saffron, always artichoke & blushing bride CS colors (all SU! available colors). 
Check out Inkspirations 4 U at Madeline's site, The Stamping Studio.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating...it looks great but I love the sticks a lot!! Nice adition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tag you're it! I'm now following your blog courtesy of Stampin' Connection & would love for you to stop by my blog & become a follower of mine...Thanks! http://www.scrapcrazydiva.blogspot.com
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the use of the cotton ribbon. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas and your cards. I am following you now!
    Heather Howe
    www.stampingknowhowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!