Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sunflower Thank You Card


       
Here's the card I made for my demo group's latest swap.

The lower right corner shows the stamp from Flower for All Seasons which inspired the entire card.  I colored in that line stamp with my SU markers. The sunflower I made using punch shapes from SU's Two Step Bird Punch.  The center soft suede circle I ran through a dots embossing folder. 
The Top Note die was used for the Naturals White background. 
Thank You sentiment is from the stamp set Short & Sweet.

I used just a dash of some new SU In-Colors.  I tend to hoard new supplies... There is a stripe of Poppy Parade and the same color used for the added lady bug (which was just a half circle from the 1/2 in circle punch that I detailed with a plain black pen!). 
The light green stem and leaves on the sunflower is Pear Pizzazz. 
The remaining cardstock colors I used are Old Olive (base), textured More Mustard, & Soft Suede.



And just for kicks...
here are my latest additions to the Craft-a-torium!  (My craft space.) 
I framed some cork tiles (found pack of four 12x12 tiles at Lowes for just $8).  These make it easy to display (or stare at & critique) my latest card creations.  I still have the framed 12x12 cardstock decorations I made earlier with the lattice die on the other wall.  I also was happy adding more punch storage to the back of my craft room door.  I took the advice of several crafters & got a clear over the door shoe holder.  It works pretty well, except I use the door a lot so had to add some velcro to the back side to have it stick more to the door & added some felt bumpers to lessen the "clunking" sound it can make when opening & closing the door.


9 comments:

  1. I love your sunflower! How cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Card! I also love your collages!
    Found your blog off Stampin'Connection!
    Check me out too
    http://stampitwithjen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, your card was super cute and we all loved it at the meeting! I think the little lady bug is too too CUTE for words! I also wanted to let you know that I LOVE your 4 colored wall hangings with the lattice die, and the cork boards too. GREAT ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm now following your blog would love for you to stop by my blog & become a follower of mine...Thanks! www.yoyostamping.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sunflower card! They are my favorite flowers of all! May have to case this one!

    I am just now getting around to making comments on the blogs I am now following through Stampin' Connection. If you are not following me already, I invite you to my blog at http://rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com

    Have a stampy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog. I'm not following your blog, please come follow mine. www.stampingaweigh.blogspot.com
    Thanks, Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the card, great idea to use the top note! I am now following you from Stampin Connection and I hope you can follow me too! :)
    Wendy
    http://kingstonskreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I have time to leave a message, I am going back through all the blogs that I am following through SC, to wish you well. Thank you for sharing. God Bless.

    Diana
    http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!