Sunday, August 1, 2010

Balancing Act...

I've had this card in mind, thinking of some dear friends & relatives that are having to juggle so many things at once.  Sometimes, something breaks in the process... but keep your chin up, and I want to let you know I'm here for you!

 

I'm also trying to balance my own life better, so Sunday is now official blog posting day.  The rest of the days of the week must be devoted to some other important time with family, or mundane things that I've been putting off too long... with a little craftiness tucked in here & there, of course!

This was a "masking practice" card for me.  As my fellow stampers know, masking is when you cut out the image you are stamping then use it to "mask" areas where you will stamp over the item to create a layered, or in this case, stacked effect.  I alternated Early Espresso & Real Red inks stamping the new Tiny Teacup stamp for this.  I also stamped & cut out another red teacup and snipped a chip out of the cup (here's a tip, make sure your chip is big enough that you can find it after it's snipped if you want to adhere it to the card!)  :)

Another item I really wanted to add to this card was a custom vellum teabag.  Note, it's best to use the thinner vellum paper to keep the vellum adhered on the sides (the heavier cardstock seemed to want to pull away from the adhesive when I tried it first).  Remember to use vellum friendly adhesive... I glued  the tiny hearts onto the inside of the vellum teabag pocket to keep them secure as I wasn't sure they would stay put without some extra help.  FYI, the sentiment is from the stamp set Vintage Vogue.



What item didn't I want to include?  Well, see if you can find the tiny bit of doghair that ended up in the main photo (it has since been removed from the card)!  Can you find it?  Leave me a comment & tell me if you can!  My canine craft buddy needs some attention now - Enjoy! 
Have a beautiful Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great card. I love your take on it about balancing our lives. I am a new follower of yours from SC. I hope you will come visit my blog and become a follower of mine as well.
    http://www.inkyfingersatwork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine...I'm now following your blog from SC.
    Please pop over to my blog at www.cindys-inklings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!