Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Angelic Joy - pre-ordered Holiday Mini items arrived!

Sneak Peek at stamp set available
 in Holiday mini catalog available September 1.




I love Christmas theme stamp sets that can be used any time of year.  An inspirational message is a must have for anyone's rubber stamp collection, and this is one I really like.  If you've seen this stamp set already, you may notice that my angel's image is reversed.  That is because I stamped her image on vellum and colored it then adhered it to a naturals ivory base with the 'flipped' version.  It wasn't entirely intentional, but I accidentally did add her gold highlights on her halo on this side, so that's where she ended up.  Of course, I couldn't resist making a blond angel... silly me. 

More details:  base is Mellow Moss, retired cardstock, but still coordinates well with the new DSP found in the Regals collection (Always Artichoke based word background DSP shown here).  I layered it with some Early Espresso cardstock and did just a slight amount of distressing.  Nestabilities oval dies used to create the layer diecuts and oval frame.  I sponged a bit of Crumb Cake classic ink on all to tone down the "new-ness" of the paper, but it may be difficult to see.

Have an angelic day!

3 comments:

  1. VERY pretty and elegant! Love everything about it, but especially the "banner". And I am glad to see you are using up the Mellow Moss as well, and not just me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Nice blog too and I love your dog! I am following you from SC! Bev www.stampingwithbev.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this stamp but wasn't sure how to use it - yours is an inspiration! Love the designs and colors....ha, often I am a 2 am stamper so you're not alone!! Mary L

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!