Friday, August 20, 2010

Spooky & Sparkly


Okay, a Friday post this week as this weekend will be crazy.  I also felt a need to be crafty last night, it seems the best way to unwind from a stressful day... I used a lunchtime sketch from TechnoStamper blog for this Halloween theme card.  I took a little poetic license with the sketch by making it horizontal, but I think it is still the essence of the sketch...

I've ended up with a bit more retired brocade blue cardstock than I may have really needed, so have been trying to think of a way to make all kinds of blue cards.  Who would think blue for Halloween?  Well...had to try...

I LOVE my stamping wheels, by the way. The Haunting Hill jumbo wheel is shown here. I sponged the sky with some bashful blue & watercolored some old olive on the hills to coordinate with my blue/black/green color scheme.  Teeny Tiny Wishes halloween sentiment on bottom paired with an Imaginisce Snag'em stamp I got last year. And of course I'm inspired by sparkly images this year & it sure is fun to use (my upline Claudia has a talent with shimmer-mist! so hope she is proud of me for being inspired!).

Here's maybe a better look at the sparkle covering the front of the card...

Well, have a great weekend, everyone.  I've got lots of travel ahead & some presentation preparation for work, so may not post for awhile.  I'm also planning for World Cardmaking Day on October 2!  Hope everyone has a chance to craft the day away!  TGIF.

5 comments:

  1. Oh and I am VERY proud of you!!!! Not just for becoming a member of the shimmer club :-) but also for doing such a great job with this sketch. Great coloring!!! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shimmer! I'm drawn to sparkly things myself (part magpie, I guess). Following you now through SC. Hope you'll follow me, too! http://www.heartsdelightcards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to let you know that I'm now following you from SC.

    You can follow me at queenbeascraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing card!

    I'm a new follower from SC.

    http://604clothpaperscissors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Saw you on SC and now I'm a follower. You can follow me at:

    http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!