Sunday, September 12, 2010

Top Note Frankenstein - Revisited!


I'm not the first one to use the Top Note die for a Halloween card, so let me give credit to all the wonderful stampers I've seen use this that I have CASE'd here.  Thanks for the inspiration!  Here's one of the first links I found back to 2008 showing another example of the Top Note Frankenstein card:  CrazyStampinWomen

FYI, to accommodate Frank's size (with bolts) I ended up making a slightly larger card, not your usual A2, maybe an A4 (?) - it fits inside the slightly larger invitation envelopes that are often more readily available at your local big box store. 

The details:  Retired Only Orange base & Basic Black for main card; Old Olive cardstock used for main Top Note.  I sponged edges of Top Note with the Old Olive ink. Circle punches used for eyes, oval punch for nose, edges of the green punched items sponged also.  Some scrap chalkboard vinyl was used to cut & adhere Frank's "hair" (a partial Top Note) and 1/2" circle punch used on scrap vinyl for center of his eyes. The nose is adhered with dimensionals.   I used my white Signo gel pen for the accent on his hair & eyeballs & a plain black pen for other facial features.  Large oval, scallop oval, & modern label punches with some scrap skinny pumpking pie ribbon used to finish sentiment.  Happy Halloween sentiment from All Holidays stamp set.

Okay, maybe I have enough Halloween cards now!  Time for Christmas stamping!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Okay this is sooooo cute! I just love it! I am going to have to scraplift too! I am having sucha great time making Halloween projects so I am off to create this one as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you for giving my blog a 'shout out'---I LOVE your version of the Frankenstein! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome!
    i'm following you from SC! my blog is http://stampcravings.blogspot.com
    thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute!
    Thank you for sharing! I am one of your followers from Stampin' Connection. (I'm the one that started the Follow Me thread) I have a small favor to ask, please. I had to switch over my website (it used to be BellevueStampingClub) and lost all of my followers from SC. Would you be so kind as to go to my new site listed below and RE-follow me, please? You may have to copy and paste the link. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

    Chanda Stehlik
    www.OneCraftyMommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I also thought a Frankenstein made out of the scallop envelope would be cute. Following from SC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Following along from VA! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!