Monday, October 25, 2010

Before I met paper crafts....

I used to make a lot of handmade crafts for gifts.  It was inexpensive, it was fun, it felt very personal.  I had a chance to remake one little craft gift for my Aunt Mary Ann this year (the original was lost).  So here's just a look at the little scarecrow doll I created for her. 



She has a fall birthday, and is so hard to buy anything for, handmade gifts seem more appreciated.  I cannot sew, so handstitching the doll & stuffing it is as sewing-oriented as I can get.  This time, I added a little paper heart to his denim overalls - had to have a little paper craft on this, right?  Just thought I'd share... the Craftatorium is a mess, so better get to cleaning.  Hope you enjoy a handmade holiday or any occasion this year, too!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I'm sure your aunt will find it very special because of the work you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift for your Aunt...love the addition of the heart :0).

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!