Friday, October 1, 2010

Fright Night approaching...


This Halloween card with asymmetrical gate fold I made for my last card swap. I enjoyed using some new stuff, and continued my "spooky and sparkly" Halloween theme that I seemed to have started for myself this year...
Here are some details:


11” x 4.25” card stock scored at 2” on one end, then scored at 3.5” on other end makes an easy asymmetrical gate fold card. I used a punched circle for a moon mask on the main image. My brayering skills are less than wonderful, so instead used my sponge daubers to color the whisper white card stock with a blend of pumpkin pie and so saffron ink for the background with the moon mask placed on the cardstock with removable adhesive (post it note circle works well, too- easy to remove and reuse).

I spritzed stamped image and the Spider Web embossed black cardstock with Frost White shimmer spray (I used the Hand Sanitizer Spray instructions from my upline, Claudia Perry, to create my mist! – thanks again for the idea!). I sponged edges in black with a stamping sponge to dirty the bright edges. Wrapped the narrow black ribbon around the tiny clip and attached to main image. Voila! One more “spooky and sparkly” card for my growing Halloween card collection!

SU! only items used here:
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, So Saffron
Stamp: Midnight Raven (from Holiday Mini Catalog, #116529)
Tools and Accessories: Spider Web embossing folder (from Holiday Mini Catalog, #120889), Frost White Shimmer paint spray, mini library clip, basic black 1/8” taffeta ribbon, stamping sponges, sponge daubers, 1” circle punch



Here's another great Top Note die bag idea...
I found this idea on other sites (so no credit to me). How easy to use a small paper gift bag to create a quick decorative candy bag!  Look for the plain bags in the party section of your local craft store.  You just trim the top to fit the size of bag you want, then adhere on either side of the bag the die shapes of your choice!  I tied the top by punching a ribbon slot punch hole on either side then added some skinny ribbon.
Below is a photo from the side so you can see the bag attached.

Enjoy & have fun on World Card Making Day this Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Cute card. The treat holder is my favorite. Nice idea. Now a follower from SC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Halloween card and Top Note project! I'm following you from SC.

    Terry #250
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that stamp!! New follower from SC

    Juliet
    http://julietscrazyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!