Saturday, October 9, 2010

Love this Fall Weather!

Beautiful fall weather here inpsires me to make some autumn themed cards.
 The Lovely as a Tree stamp set is still a big favorite for me, great for all seasons.  The oak leaves shown here were colored with watercolor pencils.  I sponged a bit on top for an aged appearance, and also sponged edges of the More Mustard layer that was embossed with Lattice embossing folder.  Texture wheel was used on the base of Really Rust (retired) cardstock. Quickutz oak leaves cut with coordinating card stock were also embossed & added with a little twine on the ribbon.
The mustard grosgrain ribbon was just one of the great finds in the latest SU Clearance Rack!

For my Inky Paw pal, Marsha, who lives in a tropical setting, here are a couple images of our trees getting ready to change around here.  I think we'll lose more leaves than will change to pretty colors this year, so this may be best photo op I can get.  Of course, my pooch has to be in the photos, right?  He loves crunching on the fallen acorns around the yard.  So much so, I wonder how the squirrels will get by this winter...? 
Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Where and how did you get the perfectly cut leaves? Did you use a die or perfectly cut the leaves with your paper snips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! Love the card...the texture on the leaves is a great touch. Your "pooch" is so cute too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of Deuce and your pretty yard! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!