Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Cards for St Jude's kids...

Operation Inky Paw pal, Madeline Marcelo, is sending a package of cards to give to the kids at St. Jude's.  I hope the cards I created will make their way to someone who needs a little smile for Christmas!   I added some texture to each one - may be hard to make out the flocking on the Santa dog hat & the snowmen, but it's there!  The first two cards were made with mainly SU! items. The first, my favorite of all, shows a dog from a retired set.  It didn't have a Santa hat on the stamp- I just added it by cutting a hat free hand.


The snowmen shown below are from last year's hostess stamp set, the More the Merrier.  I wanted to add more sparkle, so I tucked some tinsel garland behind the snowflake for an extra special embellishment on this one. This one has the most texture of all.



This last example is from an Imaginisce collection with a matching rub-on (some SU! cardstock & dsp to make it just right). The images were so cozy & cute.  I almost wanted to keep this one for me!


I love to make cute cards, but didn't realize how few stamps I had for kid-themed cards for this holiday, so the last card I had to use the cute rub-on (guess you know I'll be ordering more soon!).   Enjoy and keep crafting!

2 comments:

  1. These are all so adorable! I missed the memo or I would have gladly made some for the cause...great job :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this doggy card - what is the name of the stamp set it is from - is it a retired SU? I bet we both have quite a collection of dog stamp sets! Mary

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!