Sunday, December 12, 2010

PPA72 - Inspiration card


This week's challenge at Pals Paper Arts is a wintry inspirational challenge-
lots of beautiful bling & snowy scenes appear in the inspiration photos.

I decided to combine elements of the images with an easy snowflake card.  Love the felt snow flurries (they were a great SU! Clearance Rack discovery), but to make them sparkle a bit more, I added a rhinestone center & some dazzling diamonds glitter on the middle and edges. 

I painted a bit of frost shimmer paint on some scrap Crumb Cake cardstock to match the retired dsp I used and punched it with the modern label punch to use for the layered sentiment (phrase from retired More the Merrier hostess set was stamped in Crumb Cake & punched with the word window punch, that too has some frost shimmer added to it; the sentiment was adhered with dimensionals).

As long as you have time for the glue to dry on your felt snowflakes, this is also an easy to duplicate holiday card!  I've just finished a few more crafty gifts (you can see them on my earlier posts - decoupage frame & hanging decorations), so a quick and easy card to wrap things up is just what I needed.  It also was not hard to be inspired with wintry images as we look out our windows this beautiful Sunday morning.  Just under 3 inches of beautiful fresh powdery snow have covered everything.  
Happy Handmade Holiday, everyone! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Unique snowflake for the Pals Paper Arts challenge! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the combination of the Crumb Cake and DSP. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!