Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happiness is a warm blanket...

That's a Snoopy quote, isn't it?  
Well, regardless, it's a nice phrase and just what came to mind when I made this Americana quilt themed card.


The paper quilt design came from Jenna Barber, over at the the wonderful resources found at Splitcoast Stampers (click the link to go straight to the directions).  Since I recently met a new friend who quilts, I just had to make one of these cards right away.  It makes me feel warm & cozy just looking at it!

Here's a look at the card from an angle so you can better view the texture that the SU! Lattice embossing folder gives the entire quilt front.  Key to getting the squares just right to me is using the grid paper to line each square precisely.  The possibilities for little extra scraps of designer paper are endless.


Just looks like it was really quilted, doesn't it?

(For those stampers wanting other details, phrase is from Warm Words stamp set, bordering blue, cherry cobbler & very vanilla cardstock and scraps of Basic Grey patterned paper & some very vanilla seam binding ribbon.)

Enjoy and have a wonderful Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. very cute...

    thanks for the link and for sharing your art....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from the SC thread.

    I'll be back to visit your blog. So cute.

    Jennifer Kiddle
    http://hopskipandastamp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I'm your newest follwer:)
    You can find my blog here:
    www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!