Monday, February 14, 2011

Spread the Love & Appreciation Today!

Take a seat & read a blog awhile...  PPA80

Friends, I've started this year with new found strength to make healthier choices in my life.  I have new exercise routines and improved eating habits and I've found some new friends to help me along the way which is a wonderful feeling.  Included in those healthy choices is getting some good rest.  So no more 3am posts for me... Here's a relaxing card I made on a "rest day."



This is my addition to this week's "vintage theme" challenge at Pals Paper Arts.  The card was a quick creation for me, that's a first!  It's pretty simple & came quickly to me thinking about old fashioned wallpaper and antique furniture I would have found at my grandmother's house.  

I stamped the background randomly in Soft Suede ink with a decorative floral stamp on kraft and navy card stock.  Kraft paper was lightly sponged to enhance an aged appearance.  Chair image was stamped in Soft Suede ink on white card stock.  The image was then sponged with a lighter shade of brown to slightly darken the paper.  Additional Soft Suede ink sponged on the edges after the image was punched out with a x-large circle punch, then layered on larger circle of Early Espresso dark brown cs.  

Final touches include slight distressing on some edges, plus an added antique brad and scrap of lace ribbon.  Stamp images are from Stampin' Up! sets Have a Seat and Vintage Vogue.  

and of course Happy Valentines Day!

My Operation Inky Paws friend Marsha Fisher honored me with this blog award some time ago. Sorry I didn't post it until now. Today is a great day to share some info about me & forward on to others.  The "rules" about this award that I've read vary, so I'm using these rules:  Share 8 things about yourself & forward the award on to 8 other bloggers. 


8 things about me:

1) I'm bad at throwing things away. Many crafts I make end up in a pile of "things that need improvement" rather than going in the trash (the card I'll feature next post will likely be from that pile!).

2) Despite not throwing things out, I love things to be "clean," BUT I don't mind if I'm wearing my Sunday best and become covered in dog hair.

3) I wasn't allowed to have a pet when I was growing up, so I dote over the dogs I've had in my adult life.

 4) I'm struggling to re-learn how to crochet. I knew how to crochet in 5th grade or so, so why can't I pick it up easily now?

 5) I did well in school, was even promoted to skip 4th grade, but I know I have so much I still need to learn. Sometimes I wonder if all the things I  really needed to know were taught in 4th grade!

6) I'm a total geek.  I love science fiction, action movies & TV. 

7) I've never learned how to ski, but I did learn how to snowboard (not well, but the fact I learned at all is a big deal to me!).

8) I've been married to my husband, Michael, for 18 years this May. We'd love to let the Las Vegas officiator know we're still together (we think that would surprise him!).



As for the persons I selected to receive the award, I love each of their unique creations & styles.  All have so many beautiful, yet simple projects I emulate.  I've probably given each a comment at some time, but if they missed it, I hope they know now that their work does not go unnoticed!  It was hard to select 8... there are so many, but many of you may have already received the award. I am so pleased that our craft community is so strong & supportive.  That means a lot to me.  Stop by these blogs to see the amazing creations by these fine folks!

8 Stylish Blogger Awards forwarded to:

Lucy Ravenscar at Crochet Creatures (love those Star Wars themed crochet creatures!)

Debra Currier at ARTfelt Impressions

Jen Sannes  at Simple & Sincere

Tara Bilboa at Tara Bee Ink

Dr. Mary Noble at the Dogg & Pony Show

Carla Bezhenow at Carla's Scraps

Chanda Stehlik at One Crafty Mommy

Kris Sobolik at Maddiebug Designs

3 comments:

  1. Woot on the Award, and thanks for sending me one too! Verrry interesting to read that you have snowboarded (me too!), don't mind dog hair (mee tooo), hate to throw things away and love sci-fi (me three!) I bet if we lived closer together, we would be getting together to do cardmaking, etc. and dog stuff!! Hugs Mary P.S. I love this vintage card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you stamped your card and the colors you chose! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and I am so glad you posted the award!! Good to know a little more about you too :0)

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!