Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sweet thoughts...



This year for Valentines, I'll be sending sweet thoughts, if not "sweets"...  I've got a healthy start to the new year, so I'll try not to blow it for everyone else either, although don't worry young relatives, you'll get your share of candy!

This card combines some old & new... last year hostess set used for the mailbox with hearts... why didn't I use this before???  I just inked it up (used marker for the mailbox).  I was inspired by a demo group member to use it (thanks, Nikki).  My card is simple, but the added zing of the glitter red hearts that are popped up with dimensionals gives it a touch of pizzazz (to me).   Here's a close up...


I also thought I'd join the blog hop going on at other wonderful crafty sites I've visited.  Looks like my black/white/red card could have fit the Blogger's Challenge category...I tend to miss those but love it when I've actually created something that fits in!  Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. That is a really cute card! I am following you from SC. #295. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the addition of the glittery hearts! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the DSP - I was inspired by Nikki too, so did a card this weekend for this. I like that previous card too - makes me want to take out my paper like that....Glad you were able to reuse the valentine tag! I would have done that too lol. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never used this set- darling card....perfect for a CASE...Thanks for the inspiration! Fun to have you join us at BC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet card, love the glitter heart and the hearts soaring from the mailbox. Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice--glad you played along, Nola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Glad to see you here :0). Nice card (esp the glittery hearts)...I need to dust off that image sometime soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a delightful card! Love the sparkly heart! Wonderful done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Love the glitter hearts paired with this set! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card. Love the hearts with the mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card and I just love the Sparkly heart.
    So happy you played along with the Bloggers Challenge, Come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love it. As one of your Taurus teammates I am proud to be your teammate. Love the logo.

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!