Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vintage Chair revisited


Last night I chose to re-do the Vintage Chair card from my last post. I was so inspired by others who have really gotten this vintage look down my card just seemed way too plain.  I'm often pressed for time, so a quick card like the one I made before can be fun to make, but spending a little more time to add extra details just does so much for a handmade card, this was worth the effort.



Above is a close up of the detailed background I created using the floral flourish stamp from the stamp set, Vintage Vogue.  I used Very Vanilla cardstock for the base.  First step was to stamp the image randomly in Versamark then I used clear embossing powder & my heat gun to emboss those images. That prepares the paper for the embossing resist technique used.  After heat embossing the images, I again stamped the image randomly, this time in Soft Suede ink, then sponged the paper with Crumb Cake ink.  I added a little more Soft Suede sponging on the edges.  The cardstock was then wiped off with a paper towel to clean up the ink that was not picked up on the previously heat embossed images. 
I love this look & this technique.  It's easy, yet gets impressive results.


Then for just a little bit more embellishment, I added the Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon with a few jewelry tag punch shapes & flower punch shapes.  The larger flower has some copper/gold Smooch Spritz so has the look of sparkly rust.  The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  Chair image is from Have a Seat stamp set. 

Well, that's all for now!  May not get to post for awhile as I've got to get busy on my next swap, but hope you enjoy this card!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card! You have done a terrific job with the vintage-look. I have that stamp set and haven't even inked yet (I know...shame on me!) I'm now following from SC #342...hope you'll return the favour when you can. http://alacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!