Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Color Challenge with a Rock N Roll Birthday!


Here was an interesting Color Challenge over at Madeline Marcelo's 
INKspiration 4U online stamping classes.

I wasn't sure about this combo when I first saw it, but then that's what a challenge is all about.  
I decided it makes a great combo for a masculine card, so here's what I came up with...



I used the "Rock n Roll" stamp technique on the Happy B-Day stamp from Stampin Up!'s Engraved Greetings.  That technique is simple- cover the stamp with the lighter color, in this case More Mustard, then "roll" the edges of the stamp around in the darker color, in this case Bravo Burgundy. This achieves the look with the darkened edges on your image.  Simple, eh?  Could make a great Stamp-a-Stack idea!

My image was stamped on the super smooth Very Vanilla cardstock. The base of the card is Sahara Sand (and one layer behind the sentiment is also Sahara which was lightly sponged), layered with Bravo Burgundy cardstock, and of course, the striped Bravo & Mustard DSP.  Note, two rectangular pieces cut on the diagonal for this look-it is easy to instantly have the paper to make 2 cards this way!

I've also got to take this opportunity to wish HAPPY BIRTHDAY to 2 very important guys in my life- my nephew, David, who's birthday is Thursday, and to my wonderful dog, Deuce!  His birthday is Saturday!  He'll be 2 years old this year! 
Hello boys!  I know at least one of you can read this!  :)


1 comment:

  1. Ohh I like how clean and simple this is!! I followed over from the Stampin' Connection Thread and now following your blog! Please follow my blog. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!