Thursday, March 24, 2011

Strength & Hope - Sketch Challenge


Here's a Sketch Challenge that was bugging the living daylights out of me for over a week.  

Madeline over at INKspirations 4U had written "here is an easy one for you" on the challenge info and I have to tell you it still makes me laugh thinking about that.  It was NOT easy for me!  Don't even know how to explain why... I am proud of my much improved Stamp-a-majig skills, so getting something repeated three times in a row neatly wasn't a problem. The flower or addition on top shouldn't have been hard, but try as I might, 2+ cards ended up in the trash before I gave up & tried something else for awhile.  

Then, I pulled out my pre-ordered Strength & Hope stamp set from Stampin' Up! and  finally got my act together & came up with something...


Whew!  This card is a load off my mind and pretty to boot.  It makes me feel calm & pleased with myself to get this challenge behind me.  

Hope everyone's mojo is working today!   Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely! If you could only hear me sigh when i look at it.(sigh again) I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, following you from SC #381
    Peggy Finney my blog is www.stampinpeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,
    I sure can relate to your comment about sometimes what seems to be a simple challenge, turns out to be more! I am trying to make some cards with this set too! And maybe bit off more than I realized because I am using the MDS digi-kit to do it...at least it is easier to decide to make another one and nothing goes in the trash lol. Think MDS will be great for my furbaby pics!! Thanks for checking out and posting on my blog! Mary
    http://www.doggandponyshow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful!! Your perseverance paid off!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous!!! I absolutely love your layers and colors. I love the sentiment in the different colors. Stunning! I relate, the one that appears the easiest is usually not! lol Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!