Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Technique Card that Didn't Work...

This post is for my fellow demos in Operation Inky Paws.  I just had to share a photo of the "technique card" that I chose NOT to do for last swap (Claudia asked us to choose a technique for March, remember?)...

Black Magic technique is simple (or so it sounded when I first read about it on Splitcoast Stampers).  You stamp an image in white craft ink on black (or dark) cardstock, let dry or heat set, then color in with pencils, and later highlight spots with a white gel pen.  Below is example I made using Ornate Blossom stamp...


I really wanted to try this as it is unusual and a more dramatic effect on a card than I'm used to, but as soon as I showed my husband my creation, his first words were "Looks like one of those cheap black velvet paintings."  He was not giving it a compliment... Well, that settled it, I chose something else.  (I'll post it next weekend after Claudia's meeting).  It's great to try a new technique, even those that don't turn out as you may hope. Claudia, thanks for continuing to share your stamping wisdom and helping us keep our creativity muscles in shape!  Time for something new... 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty!....It' doesn't look like cheap velvet! ...I love the look! :) {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite a change from what you usually do! It is very dramatic and great use of this stamp. We can always count on our hubbies for candid and honest opinions. And on our furbabies for anything! Good for you for stepping outside your comfort zone - I will keep this in mind as I continue to work with my newly installed MDS. Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!