Saturday, March 5, 2011

True Friends... PPA83 Celebrity Color Challenge

Colors

This week's challenge over at Pals Paper Arts is a color challenge for the listed combo.  This was a very enjoyable color combination to work with- thank you, Pals!  I loved every minute of making this card.  It really meant a lot to me to work on it with some fellow crafters at a charity crop/craft-a-thon for the American Cancer Society.   AND this was one of those cards where I felt tremendously inspired & just happened to have all the coolest, coordinating embellishments ready to use!



I used a Crumb Cake card base, then layers of Soft Suede & Baja Breeze.  I sponged edges of the Baja Breeze cardstock & patterned paper (clearance rack dsp from last year!).  I used an All Night Media Splatter Pattern stamp with Baja Breeze ink on white cardstock for the sentiment background, then sponged that a bit with some Crumb Cake ink to tone down the white color. The True Friends sentiment is a Stampabilities stamp which I stamped with Soft Suede ink.  I cut & layered using Nestabilities dies, sponging edges and embossing the Crumb Cake layers with SU! Lattice embossing folder.  I added some Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, too.  Having all the coordinating extras for this card just gave me the best thrill!

Here's a close up of the Baja Breeze corduroy button 
(buttons were another great SU! Clearance Rack find!):


Five petal flower punch used for the layered flower.  I embossed the Crumb Cake flower with the same Lattice embossing folder I used on the Nestabilities layer behind the sentiment.  Attached some hemp twine thru the button holes, and adhered the button on Soft Suede circle.  I layered the items & attached with glue dots then tucked in a couple more Soft Suede leaves punched from the Three Step Bird punch.

If you've not been in touch with one of your True Friends lately, take the time to give them a call or send them a note!  I hope you find time to enjoy your friends this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty - I love those corduroy buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is something else! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - EXCELLENT job with the color challenge. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...the texture is fabulous! Very pretty! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!