Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bring on the Sunshine




Sharing a birthday card today.
This was made for a request for a "Sun Theme" birthday card.  
 It just so happens, my fitness friend who requested the card is a member of my team on the Jillian Michaels Beach Body Challenge so I think the beach scene & sentiment from Stampendous is perfect.



This is a close up of the beach scene.  It's hard to get a photo showing the shimmer spray I added, but the close up photo does show it a little better.  I was told the birthday girl likes pink, so I colored the beach umbrella & chairs pink (Melon Mambo, to those SU color fans) and used the matching bright pink color cardstock for the card base. 

Other SU! supplies & cardstock color details are:
Cardstock colors used includes Melon Mambo, Old Olive, So Saffron, and Early Espresso. 
Creamy Caramel ink was used to color in some of the tan/brown parts of the beach scene
and Bashful Blue ink was lightly sponged onto the sky & also watercolored on the water.   
So Saffron stripe ribbon added for embellishment. 
The sun was made by layering punch shapes of a 3/4" circle & the largest Boho Blossom punch flower.


The interior has a sentiment, but I have not yet adhered it.
I'll wait to see if my friend likes this sentiment or wants to leave the interior blank. 
Sure hope she likes it!  I loved making it for her!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received this card. I can't wait to give it to her! I know she will love it as much as I do! Thank you so much.

    Murphy (aka Kathy)

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!