Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Custom Cards

Quick post tonight, mainly to share some custom cards I made for a friend who guided me with a few themes in mind for the special people receiving the cards.  Digital images really come in handy when there is a unique request, such as "kickboxing" for a theme...


Since the front was pretty simple on this card, I got a little more ambitious on the interior, adding a small pocket that includes a small token of thanks, a bookmark that matches the card's color scheme...


I used traditional rubber stamps to decorate the bookmark.  The thank you card is for a book that was given as a gift, so the quote that was made into a stamp from Stamping Bella seems to fit.  The bird image I colored in with markers in an attempt to mimic a specific kind of bird... can you tell what bird's image I was trying to capture?  If so, I did a good job, if not, well...I'll work on it!



Next is a retirement card for a teacher. I struggled with just the right image to show on this card, but when I found a sentiment I thought was most appropriate for a teacher, "As one chapter ends, Another begins..." I used that as my guide.



I custom made the digital image adding the book to a pre-designed school desk. I used the recipient's favorite color, blue, which just happens to be one of my favorite retired SU! colors, Brocade Blue... the mini clip I added is easy to detach if need be, or if my friend needs this to fit better for the mail... Here's an image of the simple interior...

 

Last card of the night to share, I just had to make a more traditional stamped image card...
I need to learn how to take better pics, but as this card was probably finished late in the evening the other night, the lighting is true to form... Yes, I'm often a stamping insomniac!  :)



As the interior card says, I wish you all HAPPINESS always...
Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Great cards....love your blog design ...it is the same as mine..grin!

    Thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my blog...I am now a follower of yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!