Saturday, June 25, 2011

PPA99 CAS Element of Style... It's in the Stars...


This weeks Pals Paper Arts challenge is to use STARS in a project. 
Good timing, eh?  I need to make some Independence Day cards so I jumped right in to make some with stars as the central focus.



I used the star stamp from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set from Stampin Up!.  I colored in the image using my markers, then punched out the images with a 1/2" circle punch and then layered those on alternating Riding Hood Red and Night of Navy circles I punched out with my 3/4" circle punch.
I used my Star punch to make the central star layers and adhered that to the center of the card with dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the stamp set, Made in the USA, from Technique Tuesday...


I added a little Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine at the bottom for a simple additional embellishment.
While it wasn't entirely intentional, the twine adds some "stripes" to my star theme card. Stars AND Stripes? Seems just right for this American holiday card!
I hope everyone will enjoy a wonderful holiday next weekend. 
Keep crafting everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Great card. I love the stars in the center and the twine. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card so patriotic and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!