Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reduce Reuse Recycle! but farewell to retiring "So Green" stamp set...




Just finished a box of cards for a gift set using the retiring Stampin' Up! set, So Green.
A simple set, with a simple theme I still expect to use again.  I enjoy finding things around the house to incorporate in the recycle theme cards, too, so check out what I came up with...



I posted the card design above with an aluminum can flower last year.
I remade the card for the set as it is the card that prompted the interest in the gift set.
I created a few more designs showing other things you could "recycle" for a card.


The ribbon added to the card above is a strip of used dryer sheet!
Not only does the card have something recycled added to it, but it should smell nice, too!



Bubble wrap adds unique texture to the card above.
Glue dots hold the bubble wrap on the card, and are almost imperceptible.  I can even imagine someone playing with the bubble wrap card- trying to pop the remaining bubbles!
Scraps from an old paper bag and another can tab used on this one.


The last card I'm sharing with you from the set combines the Trendy Trees stamp set (that set is still available) with the "reduce, reuse, recycle" words from So Green.  The twine gives it a natural look, although I guess the main recycled items used on this one were paper scraps...
Main colors used for cards in the set include: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Mellow Moss (retired), Always Artichoke Whisper White & Naturals Ivory.
The variety & combo of cards were fun to put together. 

Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!