Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ahoy, We Sail the Ocean Blue!


Pals Paper Arts PPA101 Challenge this week is a Color Challenge:

Ppa colors
Good choices for me as "Summertime Blues" are pretty familiar to me... Gosh I hate the heat... but nonetheless... I was inspired to make an all blue nautical card.  On my latest fitness challenge over at Jilliam Michaels my team, the Beachcombers, just won "Sailor" status in our Beach Body Fitness challenge! 
HOORAY, team!  This card is for you!

I combined Stampin' Up!'s stamp set, Open Sea, and Bombshell Stamps' set, Homeward Bound.  Great stamps- and they go so well (the middle boat image, background & compass are from SU! and the sentiment & chains are from Bombshell). 

I distressed the edges of my paper (my friend, Barb, should be proud of me) & used some regular kitchen twine for my rope, which I tried to add a couple sailor knots to....added a tiny metal clip as seems for any manly card, I just have to add something metal ("metal is manly" to me!).

It may be a little late now, so time to head off to bed.  Happy Stamping everyone & enjoy the weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!