Saturday, July 2, 2011

Isn't it Romantic? Ornate Blossom with a Kiss


This week the Pals Paper Arts, PPA100 Challenge is for a technique.
Instantly I thought of one of the simplest techniques that is so cool - stamp "Kissing"! 

Simply ink up a bold stamp in a light color, then ink up a patterned stamp in a darker color, and then press them together in a "kiss!"  Isn't it romantic?  (hee hee hee...)
Stampin' Up!'s  Ornate Blossom stamp is perfect for this technique,
and so are the background stamps like the one I used above, Dot Dot Dot.

Colors I used here are Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip inks, on Baja Breeze & Early Espresso cardstocks.  PLUS I cannot help but admit I am addicted to embossing folders, so I used the Swiss Dots folder to coordinate with my dotted theme.

I am finally stamping during normal waking hours, so I actually took my card outside for this photo.  Looks better than my inside shots late at night, that's for sure.

Enjoy & have a fun & safe holiday weekend!



6 comments:

  1. Awesome card! This stamp looks fabulous kissed! Love those colors too! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine,

    The ornate blossom is a favorite stamp of mine and your card is simply beautiful with the Kiss technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job...I love this stamp! Great way to use it with this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what a love about challenges! I had never heard of the kiss technique but you'd better believe I'll be trying it. Thanks! This is one of my favorite color combos, and I, too, am addicted to my embossing folders--especially the swiss dot. LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great technique and congrats on your PPA pick. This card is certainly noteworthy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!