Friday, July 15, 2011

Lazy, hazy days of summer...



This week at Pals Paper Arts, the challenge PPA102 is all about summer time...
"Livin' is easy" isn't necessarily how I always feel now that I'm in the deep throws of adulthood with full time, year round, indoor office job, but I can remember & dream about those wonderful summers of feelin' like there wasn't much to do but relax!  I think this bear on the Stampabilities stamp, Hammock Hibernation, shows exactly what I'd want to do in the summer time, if I had a choice!  If only it wasn't 100+ degrees outside, of course!
This was a more difficult stamp for me to color than I orignally thought it would be.  I anticipate I'll be able to improve my skills with colored pencils and watercolors with time.  For now, I did decide to spritz the front of my image with some shimmer spray to distract my recipient from some of the "not so perfect" details in my coloring attempt.  I think it's cute enough that they'll forgive my novice coloring, too... At least I can hope so!

Here's a shot that I think shows off the sparkle in the card a little better...

Have a great weekend everyone!  Stay cool!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable summertime card! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!