Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wishing you peace...


One last post for the weekend...
Open Sea stamp set from the Summer Mini catalog combined with a Christmas set, Merry & Type, from the new SU! catalog used here.  This was my quintessential "masculine" style holiday card concept. 

You may have to expand the photo to see the  stamp textured Cherry Cobbler card base.  I used the Texture jumbo wheel on the top & bottom of the front of the card.  The globe from the set Open Sea was stamped in Always Artichoke on Very Vanilla cardstock, then "aged" a bit by sponging some Crumb Cake all over, and then sponging edges with more Artichoke ink. It was then punched out with a super large circle punch, layered on slightly larger circle. I dyed some kitchen twine with Always Artichoke for an additional accent.  This is one of those simple cards I'll enjoy making again & again for the holidays.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this card when I saw it on SC - thanks for the inspiration. I've cased this for my Christmas Card class tomorrow and posted on my blog. I've given you credit for the original idea and linked back to the photo of your card.
    Stamped blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!