Friday, October 14, 2011

PINK for October...


Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge this week SQSC 8 seemed like a fairly simple design, so I was immediately interested in trying this sketch!  I updated my card right after first posting it...it felt too plain & unfinished.  What a difference some texture can make!

 For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I've gone ALL pink, and pulled out my Strength and Hope stamp set from Stampin' Up! (some of the proceeds from sales of that set went to breast cancer research).
I added some texture using the new Stripes embossing folder and also used the Thank You embosslits die to layer behind the sentiment.

I'd love to see anyone else's PINK designs, so leave me a link in your comment to your blog if you've got a pink card to share, too!  I also have some awesome BLOG CANDY to give away, so I'd love to hear from you!

Have a great weekend!

(FYI, here was my original, more plain card...)

7 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! and the second version really pops! Great creative lisence to flip it! thanks for playing along with us @ sQSC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you are so right! what a difference it did make. I still really like both of them though :)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at the stamping queens this week! I hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty pink card fro a cause!! Love all the stripes and embossing!
    Thanks for playing along at the Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Sharon F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing with us this week! A very pretty pink card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good call...the texture looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!