Saturday, November 12, 2011

Makeover Monday Challenge #2


I'm a real admirer of Andrea Walford's work so I really enjoyed playing with this week's Makeover Monday Challenge.

I love the goal of these challenges to USE WHAT YOU HAVE ON HAND to create a card inspired by the challenge.  I pulled out my embossing folders as I didn't have a punch, die or diecut snowflake (you can bet that's now on this year's Christmas wish list though!). 

 For my centerpiece snowflake, I used Stampin' Up!'s Northern Flurries embossing folder and sponged Pool Party ink on the raised impression of the largest snowflake.  Then I fussy cut around the edges and adhered it with some dimensionals on the card.  I used the new Snowburst embossing folder for the bottom layer of the card.  My seam binding ribbon is threaded thru holes I punched in my Modern Label Punch for my label layer for the sentiment.  A line of itty bitty rhinestones under the sentiment adds just a touch of bling that the inspiration cards share.

Hope everyone gets a chance to play with this challenge, if not this week, then in the weeks ahead. 
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!