Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Acrylic block background...& BLOG CANDY!


I've been wanting to try this acrylic block "background" technique for some time.
My original intention was to make a card for a sketch challenge, but the sketch wasn't coming together for me... you know how it goes... but I loved the pieces I created, so here it is, a card without a purpose (yet).

I covered my acrylic block with ink (retired SU! cameo coral ink is what I used here) and tipped the edges of the block in soft suede ink.  I then stamped the inked block on my white cardstock.  The variations you get with the color and texture doing this is lovely. 



I used Melon Mambo & Soft Suede markers to ink up the flower stamp from the "Love and Sympathy" stamp set for my featured image on the acrylic block background. I love the watercolor effect of this stamp along with the background, it's so soft & delicate... 

For a little added interest, I stamped 2 images from the "Four Frames" stamp set in soft suede ink then punched those out with the Decorative Label punch.  Then I tucked the stamped punched images behind my main layer. 

This was a fun & quick card to put together. 
Leave a comment & you will be entered to win FREE PASS to this month's INKspirations 4U class
 (winner will be selected randomly)!
Enjoy & create something fun today!

5 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card. I love the soft look you get using the block. And so easy to do. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the soft background AND the side framing too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now following! I found you via stampin connection.

    This looks great. I can't wait to try that technique out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katherine,
    I love this technique, have used it myself a few times, but inking up in two colours is new to me. Thanks for sharing the instructions.
    I am a new Follower, came over from SC.
    If you like check out my blog and follow me.

    http://stampinwithchristine.com

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!