Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mom, You Rock!


I had a chance to play and make some cards for a great cause this weekend.
Operation Write Home has a great challenge for Mother's Day.  They are gathering cards to send out in time for Mother's Day and that means that "mom" theme cards are perfect, as they can be sent ANY day!

That challenge inspired me to pull out this cool stamp set from Papertrey Ink (Rock On).  I thought about some of my friends with "kids" old enough to be in the service- wow, we're too young for that, aren't we!? :)  ...anyway, if you are a mom with a son or daughter who is serving in the armed forces, let me just say-


I added a little sparkle to the guitar with a spritz of shimmer spray.
Oh,  and another cool thing, the cut out guitar is thanks to the coordinating steel rule die for this stamp set (now those dies really do rock!)...  I added a black guitar behind my stamped one to add a little more dimension and also to help stiffen the die cut so it could be popped up better with a few dimensional adhesives.

The package I'm preparing with half "mom" theme cards and half general purpose cards will also include some traditional flower filled Mother's Day cards, too...


Here's a close up of the sentiment that I colored in with markers to easily achieve the two color stamped image...


ONE last thing... below is my latest photo of my papercrafting dog.
Here he is surrounded by the bits of cardstock he selected from the trash bin...

Torn paper anyone?

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Katherine, your cards are really great. I love the first card - excellent theme for Mom! I like the background paper and the sentiment for the second card and the embellishments add just the right touch. I know that excellent helper you have contributed mightily to your efforts - I think extra biscuits are in order! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!
    ~Lee Mae
    Operation Write Home
    MWT Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both the cards - very different in feeling and yet still both appropriate (mothers are so multi-faceted!). What a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two awesome cards! I love how different they are, yet both will allow someone to tell their Mom they love them!
    Your dog appears to be quite talented at making confetti! Mine doesn't have a taste for card stock, but he will snatch up any plastic soda bottle left unattended (empty or full...)!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!