Friday, February 10, 2012

Sail Away with your Valentine...


This week the group of papercrafters at the Stars and Stamps, Operation Write Home bloggers circle have all kinds of fun challenges.  I LOVE theme challenges, so was excited to play along with the Masculine, Nautical theme for this week.  I created a nautical theme Valentine for a friend to use for their sailing-loving husband.

In my card, the boat image comes from a stamp brush set using Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio. I chose the precise color (Night of Navy), re-sized and printed the sail boat from the Sail Away digital stamp set.  If you haven't tried digital "stamping" or scrapbooking, let me tell you, it's fun and addictive.  PLUS, what a space saver in my stamp drawer!  To see a few other Valentine creations I made that you could try too, check out my Stampin' Up blog.  FYI, You can download a 30-day FREE trial of My Digital Studio software if you "Shop Now" at my on-line store (you can even purchase and download stamps like the one I used above to use in other digital software).

Other additions I used on this card are patterned paper from the DSP set Well Worn, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Naturals Ivory and Crumb Cake cardstock.  I created little regatta flags that are adhered to a wee bit of Cherry Cobbler baker's twine and used a hole punch with a heart shape on the flags to add some Valentine-ness to the card, while trying to keep it "man-ly."  I sponged the Naturals Ivory cardstock with some Crumb Cake ink to add a little dimension & coordinate with the colors of the DSP.

Sorry my photographing skills late at night are not the best.  The front of the card has the sentiment, "Wind and sails were made for each other..." (which I typed in my computer software in the matching colors with the stamp), and here's a view of the inside of the card which says "Just as you were made for me, Happy Valentine's Day."


I've got many more Valentines to share this weekend, so stay tuned... and TGIF!!!

3 comments:

  1. Terrific card! I love the flag detail. Sweet card and a perfect fit for the Masculine Nautical challenge. I'm glad you joined the OWH party.

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team
    operationwritehome.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great masculine card! I love this sailboat image and your heart flags work perfectly with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog! Is your thеmе сustom made oг did you ԁοwnloaԁ it from somewhere?
    A ԁesign lіke yourѕ ωith a few ѕimple tωееks wоuld гeallу
    maκe my blog stand out. Рlеаѕe let me knοw ωhere you got yοur ԁeѕign.
    Aрρreсiatе it

    My web blog ... http://bestfriendsonline.Net/

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!