Thursday, February 16, 2012

Warm Winter Hello

What a strange winter it has been.  It's been so WARM this winter, that while I'd normally find myself pulling out snowflakes and winter scenes for cards, not so much this year... the brown leaves still clinging to our oak trees made me want to use this normally fall-like retired DSP this week.  The image from Stampin' Up!'s set, Lovely as a Tree, would often be dotted with white to simulate snow right now, but no snow... just brown and bare.  This is not really my kind of winter, but we'd all be crazy to be too upset that there has been little ice or bad road conditions to deal with... 

Well, anyway, I used this week's sketch challenge at Techno Stampers TSSC208 to inspire me.  Small stripes of Baja Breeze & Really Rust cardstock were glued to my Early Espresso banners that were leftover scraps from the cardstock layers I trimmed.  I hate to see cardstock go to waste, don't you?  :)  I then embossed the banners with the lattice embossing folder for some added texture.

I like seeing what Mary Jo and her group come up with, but I rarely get to play with the challenge.   Some music pops up on her site that pleasantly reminds me of some high school friends... then there's some common bond I share with Mary Jo's love/hate relationship with her printer...well,  that's just some info I wanted to share to let you know why I just HAD to play this week.    I'm in this craft to share a hobby I love and I really enjoy meeting random strangers with these common bonds. 

Play along & check out the blog hop!

So glad it's Friday!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! One of my all-time favorite stamps--love the dual colored/embossed banners and the color scheme is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! One of my favorite stamp sets too! I have to agree that it's hard to make snowy scenes when everything is muddy and brown. I am ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the idea to add the small strips of color! Fabulous job, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!