Sunday, March 11, 2012

SQSC29 Thoughts of You

 I thought I wouldn't have time to make a challenge card this weekend, but while the clock wants to tell me to wrap things up, my body still thinks I have plenty of time this Sunday evening...
Happy Time Change Sunday, everyone!


I found the Stampin' Queen's Sketch Challenge this weekend to be right up my alley.  Their sponsor this week has a really cool product to make your cards "re-usable" and I love that idea.  Here was the challenge sketch:

SQSC27-003

Along the lines of making a card re-usable, I have all these unused "bill paying" size envelopes laying around (the 6.5" x 3.5" size). I imagine a lot of other people have spare envelopes this size, so guessed this is a good size for a re-usable card. My card's dimensions this week are 6"x3" to easily fit inside those envelopes.

The stamps I used are from Stampin' Up, images from Elementary Elegance and sentiment from Loving Thoughts.  Colors used include Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede.

UPDATE- what a difference daylight makes - I took my card outstide - what a difference that makes! I so need photography lessons... let's just say "I'm working on it...!"

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of some new lighting to help me take better photos of my cards at night (when I stamp the most). I so hope that arrives soon...
Well, I guess I cannot let any more time slip away, so signing off.

Have a great weekend everyone, and good luck getting up on time tomorrow!
(No, not my dog, just a pic I found, but Zzzzz... don't I wish this was me!?)

7 comments:

  1. Well...how resourceful are you?! Unfortunately, we always have plenty of bill envelopes...

    Love how you used the smaller stamps from Elementary Elegance and the colors are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely...the colors and super creative layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours and the little icons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine this is so cute! and Congrats!!! You have won this weeks prize over at the Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge!!! for your fantastic entry! Please email me your address so we can get your prize to you. Also you can pick up your "I've been featured" badge for your sidebar here: http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/2012/03/sqsc-29-winners.html

    Great Job!!
    Inky Hugs,
    Cristena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done from a fellow prize winner! Your card is gorgeous. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katherine!

    I just LOVED this card - what a creative use for the sketch! If you will email me your address and which re-smile® pad you'd like, I'll get that in the mail for you! Thanks for playing along...

    Smiles,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get your email to reply to, but had forwarded info to Cristena Bagne. Let me know if I need to resend, and thanks again!

      Delete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!