Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A tisket, a tasket, a little paper basket...


Welcome, Blog Hoppers!
I am really excited to participate in a blog hop, and it's that much more fun surrounded by the crafty friends I've met through the very talented designer, Madeline Marcelo, founder of Ink4U, The Studio on-line craft community.  Register for free to share ideas and sign up for fun projects! 

Madeline, along with past, present & future designers have so many projects to share, it's hard to pick a favorite.  But check out this project I created when Martha Gomez shared her "Sweet Basket" design in the Christmas 2011 edition of classes for Inkspirations 4U.  I've been hooked on this very sweet little paper basket ever since I first tried it. I love how you can transform a single sheet of paper into this little basket.  


It's quick & fun to make and easy to style this little basket for any occasion, whether it's a party favor, birthday, holiday or just a simple token of appreciation.  The little basket is also a great way to use some retiring 6x6 designer paper.  For the Thank You basket below that holds a couple Shimmer Paint pots, I used Stampin' Up! Concord Crush Hostess 6x6 DSP and a little matching Concord Crush ribbon on the handle. 


My original basket that I shared during the Christmas design classes, was actually made into a fun give away for Halloween.  And of course I filled it with SWEETS - I think that's what the title of the basket was intended for (the holiday classes started in October so there was plenty of time to prepare holiday projects).


After you're done "hopping," check out my designs for a mini-basket and stamped candle and Framelits Heart box from my previous Ink4U posts. 
Keep on blog hoppin' and have a great day!

           

12 comments:

  1. Kaktherine, your baskets are wonderful!

    hugs Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katherine for participating, you did a wonderful job with the baskets. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes, I love this basket.... is so versatile and a great with some goodies....

    TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine, I loved your Halloween basket during the Edition of the tutorial and your two new ones are just as fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that you showed us so many options with this little basket! They look great....and inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I'm loving all of the other projects on the blog hop - now I have to figure out how to get these instructions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the basket, you could change this up for so many different occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super-versatile basket! It would be appropriate for so many little gifts. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are sweet! I still have the tutorial sitting on my table waiting to be put to use...
    I just noticed your Punctuation button! LOL!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!