Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Hope everyone is appreciating their dad today.  I made this very simple, masculine card above for my father-in-law.  He's been a fan of the "Master & Commander" book series and movie, and loves sailing, so I hope he liked it. The card features the large sailing vessel from Stampin' Up!'s set "Open Sea."   This nautical theme stamp set debuted in a "mini-catalog" a year or two ago and has been added back to the new catalog.  The DSP I picked up from the SU Clearance Rack not too long ago.

I was really proud of the knots I tied on the rope to embellish the card.  I secured the knots to stay in position with just a dab of Tombow Mono-Adhesive liquid glue (it dries clear!).  Here is a close up:


Here's a glimpse of the images available in the Open Sea stamp set:
The Open Sea - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Sadly, had to give away other cards I had pre-made in advance for my dad, since he passed away last year.  While I had no use for cards I intended to give to him, at least some other people could share them with their loved ones. 
Give your dad a hug for me!
Have a beautiful weekend!





1 comment:

  1. So sorry to learn about the recent passing of your Dad... Such a difficult thing to cope with. We lost my FIL 4 years ago and it still seems odd to only make one card for Father's Day.
    You did an amazing job on this card! I love the knots in the twine, and the DSP is perfect with the image!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!