Friday, June 22, 2012

Up, Up and Away!


Over Father's Day weekend I was inspired to make a few masculine-type cards...
The card above features the hot air balloon from the Stampin' Up! set "You're Amazing."
Check out all the cool images from this set:
You're Amazing Clear-Mount Stamp Set

On my card, I also used SU! Comfort Cafe DSP and the only "ribbon" I can classify as manly- some denim!  Oh, well I guess I also added a little twine on my Happy Birthday tags... A tiny bow can't hurt, can it?  :) A Cuttlebug herringbone embossing folder reminded me a lot of the pattern on the DSP, so I enjoyed adding that texture to the top of Soft Suede panel.

Happy Stamping, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely manly! Love this DSP and the embossing goes perfectly with it!! I love the little tags for the sentiment and I think the 'man handbook' clearly states that as long as the bow is made of twine, it's ok! :)
    Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous :)
    I am now following you from SC and I would love you to follow me too. www.kazzasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to coordinate the chevron embossing folder and designer paper! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower from Stampin Connection, would love for you to follow me back :) http://stampitupwithkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!