Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!


Happy 4th of July everyone! 
 Over the weekend I made a few red, white & blue cards & decorations using some current and retired Stampin' Up! supplies.

I think of my grandmother when I put out my little 4th of July decorations and American flags around our house.  She always loved this holiday and even would make a cake in the shape of the United States!  The cake was never iced to perfection, but I have such fond memories of her joy and love of this holiday. We never really were into fireworks much, just a sparkler or two, but we really enjoyed 4th of July TREATS!  Yum! I think my sister may still have the cake pan... hmmmm...yum, cake...  I digress...

Here is the simple wreath I made for my door- yep, all stars & stripes!


I stamped in Midnight Muse ink the "Happy" from the Happy Birthday SU! builder wheel (I took the stamp off the wheel & cut the "Happy" & the "Birthday" into two stamps and now use separately as cling stamps). The 4 is die cut from Sizzix Go Go Boots alpha set. The "th" is from retired Rough Type stamp set, and various Tehnique Tuesday USA stamps were used to decorate several of the stars.

Enjoy your holiday and I hope you can celebrate freedom no matter where you are...


Now, where are those hotdogs...? 
hee hee hee



2 comments:

  1. What an Awesome job!!! I'm sure your Grandmother would LOVE it :) Just stopped by from SC - hope you stop by http://www.lauraleestamps.com and Follow me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you celebrate! Don't get me wrong, I love a good fireworks display, but bring on the food!
    LOVE your projects, so perfect for this holiday! Great idea on dissecting the wheel! I need to do this to a few of mine-I might use them more!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!