Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ghoulish Googlies!


BWA HA HA!!

YES, I'm posting something Halloween-y!  I know that the new Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog attracts a lot of attention for all the cool Christmas things, but before I can complete Christmas crafts, I love to make things for our work place's annual Halloween Bake Sale and auction.  I'm trying to plan early this year, and this is where the new Ghoulish Googlies bundle will come in very handy.

The mummy stamp is so cute, it was easy to CASE that right from the mini catalog, PLUS the benefit of using the mummy stamp is that the little self adhesive googly eyes will last that much longer (only 1 eye needed, instead of 2 that is!).

Here's a view of what's included in the bundle (stamp set, bags, tags, eyes & twine):
Ghoulish Googlies Clear-Mount Bundle

I created a little "tombstone" base for the little glassine bags that come in the bundle.  Using some black cardstock & the Spider Web embossing folder, Oval Accent Bigz Clear die cut shapes were embossed then trimmed to fit the bottom of the bags.  I sponged Classic black ink on some flat kitchen toothpicks to adhere my little stamped bats, just to step up the bags a bit with a "custom embellishment."

 Happy Stamping!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Katherine, I didn't get this set because non of my customers do Halloween. I know what the heck is wrong with them, I love it so bought some but not this. SOOOO Spookin cute! Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! Love the one googly eye! And that pop of orange is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little embossed piece at the bottom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't help but click on your about me photo. I have the same craft buddy as you! Even uses my paper stacks for a pillow sometimes! Don't know how I'd craft without him! Super cute Halloween project too!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!