Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Wonderfall Trends

Hi, friends!
As it's Trendy Tuesday at the blog on Paper Crafter's Library, I decided to post something I made inspired by this week's theme.  See the torn paper layer?  It's rustic and easy to create for an interesting addition to a fall card.


I used some trendy burlap on the card above, too.  The burlap I bought came in a pretty big section, so if you want some, let me know!  Using it in bits & pieces of maybe 2 x 4 inch sections means I'll have a LOT of this fragrant fabric around for awhile.  I pulled off a string to tie through the wooden button embellishment (or perhaps I should admit a burlap string fell off... easy once you start trimming that stuff).

Stampin' Up!'s new stamp set, Wonderfall, is a favorite set for me now, so I have to share a couple more cards I made using my new stamp toys (all cards shown also use a bit of SU! Orchard Harvest DSP).


I like the pops of bright colors combined with traditional fall colors in the patterned paper I used.  Island Indigo, the blue color shown, really stands out as a surprising, vibrant addition to a fall card.

Considering most of the corn around our drought stricken area here in Missouri is completely dead and a sad yellow/brown, it's more cheerful to see some bright colors for the corn pattern paper... oh how I can at least wish it will be a happy harvest for some of you out there...


What's your favorite new fall stamp set?
Sometimes it's hard to pick just one... I know I have many favorites.
Well, enjoy these cards & happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love that paper!! All three cards are wonderful and I love that burlap accent piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the burlap on this card! I got lots of burlap but not sure what to do with it....so may be casing your card :-) Mary

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!