Thursday, September 13, 2012

Angelic Christmas



Oh my insomnia got the best of me the other night... but I made use of my restless night and got out of bed to work on Christmas cards!

I think the angel from this retired Stampin' Up! set, "Angelic Joy," is very serene.  Although her image didn't lull me back to sleep, I enjoyed creating the card.  I added some champagne shimmer paint to her halo and wings.  Since it was very dark outside (3am-ish), I had to make due with indoor photos, so sorry they are not the best.  The close up views below at least catch a bit of the glimmer. 


I used patterned paper from the new SU! DSP, Festival of Prints, and stamped sentiments, both on inside & outside of the card, from a current SU! set call More Merry Messages.
 Here's a view of all the images included with the More Merry Messages set:
More Merry Messages Wood-Mount Stamp Set

Lots of holiday sentiments to use on the outside & inside for greetings help make a variety of "ready to sign" cards. A tip for you- if you stamp the interior sentiment FIRST, before you adhere a card front or decorate the front of the card, you'll have a chance to "re-do" if the inside stamped poorly.  For me, that was an issue stamping at 3am...when I wasn't pleased with my first stamped inside greeting, I just turned the card over & stamped on the other side & hid my boo-boo with pasting my card front on top of my first try. 

Happy Stamping everyone!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you had a sleepless night, but WOW! The angel is absolutely gorgeous with the shimmer and the whole card is wonderful!! Great tip on the stamping... I usually wait to do that last and then often have to find a creative way to fix it!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!