Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blue Heart of Christmas


A friend is looking for a little Christmas card inspiration, so today, this post is for you, Barb!

Non-traditional Christmas colors are fun to play with when making holiday cards.  Blue and brown work very nicely together.  The little red hearts aren't totally throwing off my non-traditional color vibe, are they?

I used the Heart of Christmas stamp from Stampin' Up! along with some paper from their Festival of Prints DSP package found in the SU! Holiday Mini Catalog. These two items combine to make it easy and inexpensive to create a lot of lovely Christmas cards.  And thank you SU! for making a paper pack of smaller sized DSP that is so easy to use on cards.  With a big variety of patterns in the pack, I'm gonna feel like I can make a lot of different cards without using up a favorite pattern, too.

(FYI, I embossed the Framelits Label shape with a retired SU! snowflake embossing folder, but there are many other lovely textures out there to choose from if you're interested in CASE-ing.)

I'll share a more traditionally colored card for you next week.  Don't forget, Christmas is only a few short months away!  You better get stamping!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love the blue and brown together and the red hearts tie in perfectly with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!